Thursday, 21 August 2014 11:33

Surge in figures at Sofia Airport

Bulgaria Air recently announced that in July, Sofia Airport served a total of 362, 800 passengers at the two airport terminals, resulting in an increase of nine per cent annually. Bulgaria Air and other companies operating from Terminal 2 were preferred by 68 per cent of the passengers travelling on international and domestic routes. The remaining 32 per cent of the total amount of passengers…
Published in Transport
Wednesday, 13 August 2014 12:31

Sofia Airport announces renovation works

In a bid to improve the customer experience, Sofia Airport, Bulgaria, recently commenced renovation works on the flooring in the public lounge of its Terminal 1 Departures. The renovation project was inaugurated on August 8 and is due to run until September 22, 2014. Repair works are due to be completed in three phases without disrupting the operational function of the passenger terminal building. Throughout…
Published in Transport
The Radisson Blu Grand Hotel Sofia has recently updated its F&B portfolio with a brand new outlet, The Studio. The Studio, heavily inspired by pop art and featuring pieces by renowned artist Roy Lichtenstein, allows hotel guests to enjoy delectable cuisine in a trendy environment. The contemporary venue offers an array Italian and Mediterranean cuisine, with a selection of signature dishes. The Studio is said…
Published in Accomodation
Throughout the month of February, Sofia Airport, Bulgaria, recorded a nine per cent growth in the number of serviced passengers, compared to the corresponding period last year. February 2014 welcomed 258,709 passengers, 21,000 more than last year. Also during this month, the number of planes taking off and landing climbed to 2,977, a 5.2 per cent increase from 2013. The summer flight schedule for Sofia…
Published in Transport
Thursday, 16 January 2014 12:48

Bulgaria to host numerous events in February

The Official Tourism Portal of Bulgaria has unveiled an activity-filled February, with several festivals and events taking place throughout the country. On February 1, Assenovgrad is hosting a wine festival and a wrestling contest which is open to the public. The festival additionally features a drumming session. The capital city's National Palace of Culture is hosting a concert by Emir Kusturica and the No Smoking…
Published in Leisure
Page 1 of 5